ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sitting in a **** parking lot for about 4 hours.

ok rewind to about 10 in the morning. i go out to pick and pull to see if there are any new z's there and scense that the weathers right and i have enough time i will take Caynon to get there. this road is AMAZING, no cars and 15 miles of twisties in the backroads on good quality pavement. so i get done with riding theough that and im in hayward by now and i start to notice a slight bucking when im accelerating. after about 5 munites of this it gets too bad to even drive it.

so i pull to the side of the road and i check the dizzy, cause i had a problem like this before were the ignition would cut in and out and if you take the dizzy out and put it back in it would fix the problem, well i did this (thank god i was going to pnp because i had all my tools with me) and got back in my car thinking i was going to be fine, no good still bucking. i make it about another 100 feet and pull over again, im checking for vaccume leaks, checking ocnnectors and the like, but still nothing works. so i says to my self, i says, Adam mabye it has to do with the engine warming up, even though i've been on the road for like 30 min i thought it was completly warmed up, so i go to a nice burrito place near me and let the car sit for 25 minutes.

after gourging myself on the largest burrito $4.95 has to offer i go to the car ans it still bucks, so i go into THE DREADED PARKING LOT OF DOOM!!!(this is where the next 4 hours of the story takes place). i dake the dizzy off and start to field strip it. imtelling you R. lee Earny would be proud of me, there could have been morters flying at me and i wouldnt even notice. so i take off a bunch of parts and somehow get them back togther and put it on the car. STILL BUCKING. so i do what every manly man would do in a situation like this, i call my dad. well he's at church so about a half hour later i call him and he says he has to drop off my grandma then he'll be here. one hour later he comes and he's doing his thing. well we notice on my newly added fuel guage that(which my dad says i have to pay for because its not for trouble shooting) the fuel pressure is slowly going down. it got down to about 17psi and stayed there, hmm mabye this has somthing to do with the problem? i hear the pump buzzing, but im not sure if i normally hear it or not. we then go to pep boys and get a fuel filter and change it out but still the problem is there. its about 5 and we think the problem is centered around the pump and i dont carry spare fuel pumps with me so we're pretty much beat.

he calls AAA and to tow it up to our house it will cost 200 bucks, yeah right will give you 200 bucks if you can get the Prince of Whales to tow the car. so we find a good shop that can look at it and we take it there. it of course is closed so we leave it there where by now it probably has been stolen.

thats my story and im sticking to it!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Re: oh i had a GRATE day today!..... (the longest post ill ever

"On our cars the fuel presure gauge IS for troubleshooting." It can show you many things that you would never figure out without it. Norm K.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts

why not bench test one at the j-yard and throw her in?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

yeah i know a guage is for troubleshooting, but my dad thought it was for the upcoming cam upgrade, and it pretty much was

·
Registered
4,324 Posts

the fuel guage isnt correct and you dont have enough gas. The fuel sending unit is busted and saying that you have gas. Lines are clogged, faulty fpr. smack on the fuel pump with a mallet.

·
Registered
759 Posts

in my 280 i was having somewhat of the same prob.... but mine just died. So i gave it a good wrap with a mallet, 9 months later its still all good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.