ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a truck, of any kind. Actually, my girlfriend is, she is getting here settlement finally after three years for an accident involving UPS. So, she has a little money, not a whole lot though, 3-4K range. I have been looking because I need a truck and she wants a truck. She wanted a full size Chevy or Ford, one of the older ones. I want 4X4 of course. We saw a Nissan today at this little used car place (one of those be very careful places). Anyways, the truck is an 85 Pickup, not 4x4, but it has bigger tires that make it sit up like a 4x4. Brand new BFG's. Excellent body, one tiny ding, thats it. A few scratches, but not many. A Sony detatchable face cd with nice box behind seat. 5-speed. Excellent interior. Problems: broken exhaust stud, but not leaking, so i can fix that. Possible loose valve or slight bottom end knocking. small rear tranny seal leak. Smale exhaust leak before the Cat. Nice smooth truck, drove very nice. 150K on it. I can fix everything else, would like to just go ahead and take two weeks to rebuild the engine. Be an excellent truck all the way around. The question, finally- the engine is a four banger, it says Nissan Z on the valve cover. I looked and it is an L-series engine, or so appears. Has dual spark plugs, one intake and one exhaust. 2bbl carb. Any one know about these engines? I know some here are mechanics for dealerships. I guess it is a 2.4L. Any major problems they had? It is a strip model, no A/C, no PS or PW, but that is okay. She would really like to buy it, and I thought it was very nice. Just want some input before anything happens.
Thanks,
Joshua L.

Sorry for long post!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.