ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i know u guys have held my hand through my endless questions but once more into the brink. should i be concerned about the price/quality of the motorsport headers(3 into 2)? spoke to my mechanic today, and he was extremely doubtful about the quality of said headers. he admitted that he does not order from motorsport often. the old ,"for that price how good could they be?". also decided to have motorsport drop ship to jet-hot then forwarded to me. thoughts, ideas, a little more hand holding. thanks [81 280zx 2 + 2]

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
There has certainly been a lot of debate as to whether a header will help performace. If you look at some of the dyno charts posted on the net, you would have to say that headers by themselves don't help performance at all. Combined with less restrictive..... You know what?!! ...... just get the Motorsports Headers and have them Jet-Hotted! That's what I did and I LOVE the look under the hood. It doesn't run noticeably hotter than the log and I love the sound it makes! So what if it only makes an insignificant performance difference. Just knowing that it's under the hood makes me think that the car is faster. And that's good enough for me **** it!

Just do it!

Steve G

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Havent had my headers from Motorsports long enough t know anything. ****, I havent installed the engine yet. Anyway, I dont think Motorsports will dropship headers to jet-hot. I sent mine to them immediatly after recieving them. and had them back within 2 wks. Header was $169 + shipping and jet hot was $175+ shipping.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: $ of motorsport headers</b>

What ever you decide on, be sure to have SOME sort of finish put on them. Put mine in without knowing that the paint on there was merely to keep them from rusting in the shop. First five minutes of engine running, burnt the paint right off. :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
Jet hot is too **** expensive!

It's a sorry state when a paint or coating costs more than the part being coated! I can see the high price where they have to clean up an old part but for a new clean one - whats up with that. As long as people pay this exhorbatant price they will charge it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.