ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the original lug nuts for the alloy wheels look like for a 1977 280z?
12 of my lug nuts look like the one on the left, which makes me believe this is the original one. Four look like the one in the middle, that are being sold these days as OEM ones.
The one on the right is original for steel wheels I believe?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,438 Posts

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Those currently on my 78 are the center nuts. I have several parts cars and all except the one with steel wheels have the same lug nuts. That included the nuts that came off of the 83 turbo car with swastica wheels.

The parts diagram at Courtesy shows a hub cap similar to what came on a 78 with steel wheels that my former wife bought new.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Does anyone know what the original lug nuts for the alloy wheels look like for a 1977 280z?
12 of my lug nuts look like the one on the left, which makes me believe this is the original one. Four look like the one in the middle, that are being sold these days as OEM ones.
The one on the right is original for steel wheels I believe?

I wish all the questions were this easy. The pic on the left is the nut that came on the cars with factory mags in 77-79. The middle pic is the nuts that replaced the nuts on the left pic. It was merely a Nissan supersession. The pic on the right was the original acorn nut for the steel wheels in 77-81 because the hubcaps had holes in them to show the nuts. You didn't have to pull the hubcaps to remove the lug nuts.
Z man of Washington

1 - 6 of 6 Posts