ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 16, and this is my first car and i'm trying to fix it up (82 280 zx GL 2+2). I've had it since november and i'm at about the end of my money and i still have things that need fixin'. One major problem i have is i live in WV, is that a good enough explaination. Nobody even knows what a z-car is here. All they know are fords and chevys. Anyhow,... here are the final things i am having problems with:

SEAT BELT: I need to figure out if i can just get the receiving end. The belt is fine but the receptacle end won't hold the belt. It just keeps popping out, which doesn't make me feel too safe...
RADIO: This is wild. Ok, it didn't work at all until my battery went dead. We changed the battery and know it works good. Well at least until last week. It stopped again. Anyone had this problem??? Also the tape deck never worked and one of the speakers doesn't either...
2+2 WINDOW OPENERS: They open the windows but I am curious, are they supposed to have some kind of knob? i would like to have them.
SPARE TIRE: Is thter anyway to pump up that tire without that dumb canister thingy? When you pump air into it, it comes out some release hole or something. Does it have to be on the car before it will blow up??
Final thing:
TIMING: What is it supposed to be. The car has a miss in it when you are trying to go up a hil and also when i first take off. Its annoying. Also how do i check the timing. i know where the gear is but like how many rpms and stuff like that. I am clueless.

Sorry its sooo much, but any help is appreciated .

PLEASE HELP

thank you a lot
simon

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alot of the guys on this forum will shoot me for this, but your best bet for getting parts for your Z is from Motorsport Auto www.zcarparts.com (800-633-6331). They are excellent with customer service, their prices are a bit high, but most are Nissan Parts, and thats all they do is Zs. Look around the web, there are a few sources around here that may be able to help. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Joe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try All Z East.

Hi Simon-

For the seat belt connector you're best bet is a salvage yard. All Z East is a big Z car salvage yard in Oregon. They can ship you the part you need or help you find one nearer to you. They have an 800 phone number. You might try searching this site for All Z East to find it.

Good Luck

Bob A.
IZCC #5497

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.