ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today when i went to start my car(after it had heated up) it made a real weird sound. i cant really describe it but this is about the fourth time that this has happened. any sugg. starter. alt.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
well you will have to describe it. a clunk? a screech? a squeal? a grinding?a clicking? it could be ANYTHING.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
try having someone stand over the engine as you start it so that they can better isolate where the sound is coming from. could be belts. *shrug* my waterpump made a grinding/screeching sound as it was failing but it was not just at start up.

·
Registered
880 Posts
perhaps the starter drive isnt engaging all the way and its tryin to slip off the flywheel a little.. who knows. i had an olds that did that.. the solenoid wouldnt engage all the way and it would screech/grind sometimes

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Colon, My car has made a weird sound that comes and goes on startup. It ended up being the idler pulley. Also cold be the pump. Look at the check hole on the side of the pump. See if it is leaking. If it is, you may have a water pump starting to take a ****. I'd be happy to look at it the next time you can drive over the river to St Louis. Kev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.