ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it make any difference if the car is warmed up when adjusting the TPS? When the motor was out for the rebuild, I took the TPS off to clean it, and put it back on where it was before. When I first got it running again, the idle was about 1000-1100 rpm. Also, when it is first put into drive (auto), I have to give it a little gas to keep it from stalling (once it is in gear it doesn't stall).

So last week I adjusted the TPS to read the right voltage, outside temp about 45 degrees. Now it idles about 2000 rpm and still has the same issues when putting it into gear. Did I adjust the TPS wrong or is the IAA thing wrong (even though I didn't mess with it at all)?

BTW, I was looking on TT.net and noticed that someone has nearly the same name I do. Oops, thought I was being original

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Yup .... the engine has to

be fully warmed up. If the engine is cold the AAV is supplying additonal air to the engine to increase the idle. The proper proceedure is to warm the engine to normal and shut it off. Adjust the TPS to .48v with the ignition set to ON. Once that is done, disconnect the gray TPS harness and start the engine. Wait until the idle is settled then adjust the idle to 800-850 with the headlights on using the idle adjustment screw on the IAA unit. Once that is completed, let the engine idle for around 30 seconds to make sure its stable then reconnect the gray TPS harness while the engine is running.
MaxDoc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.