ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my O2 sensor went out on my 84 300zx, and I am having trouble removing it. I've tried removing it when the engine is warm, cold, wd-40, I still don't have any luck, mostly because its at an odd angle to get at it. So do any of you guys have any suggestions for what to do?
Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

·
Registered
657 Posts
get yourself a 2' piece of pipe, and maybe a couple taps with a hammer thats what i did........ if theres not enough room on top go from the bottum, should be easy from the bottum........ the dumbass that installed it probably put lock tight on it......... what ever you do dont put lock tight on it when you put the new one back in, just make sure its tight.....
If that doesnt work......... wait till its cold. grab a torch( a little hand held one) heat up the area around the o2 real good and then go at it with the 2' pipe........... if that doesnt work then uhhhhhhh ............. well,.... then your **** outa luck

·
Registered
275 Posts
do it from the bottom for sure, can get a better angle and torque to get it off, if u still have problems just break the sensor off so u can get to it easier.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actualy finaly just did that, I got an old plumbers wrench, set it on the sensor and beat the living **** out of it, got it broken off, and then was able to wrench it from there. Sensor light was still on, so I did what the hayne's manual said....just unplug the dang sensor light cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.