ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently checked the led on my ECU that is supposed to blink and found that it was on constantly. It never would go off. I replaced the O2 sensor and now the light never comes on! I watched it for 5 minutes with the engine idling and revved to 2500 or so and nothing. What is the deal? Please give your advise. The Haynes is very nonspecific as to what is the problem. Thanks, Ope

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This might help...

Here's the passage from Chilton's in the "Checking O2 Sensor" section. It discusses some other things that cause this light to function. Hopefully you can pinpoint the problem soon.

.............Check the battery, the ignition system, the engine oil, the coolant levels, the fuses, the oil filler cap and dipstick for proper seating, the valve clearance and the engine compression................ However, the possibility exists that the malfunction could be in the fuel injection control unit. The system should be tested by a qualified dealer with specific training in the Mixture Ratio Feedback (MRF) system."

Oh yeah, how's the car running with the new O2 sensor??? Good luck.

- Evan, 83ZX

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Not much diff than before.

When I first started it, it felt a little smoother, but I got accustomed to that quickly so it was negligable diff. The car still idles too low, and misses exactly the same number of times per minute as before. Could be my imagination thinking it was smoother.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Someone with exp. please answer.

The Chilton says word for word the same crap that the Haynes says. They assume that the parts changers that work at the dealer know what they are doing for 62 dollars an hour. Not in this town. My friend has plenty of stories to tell of the non-service he has paid for from these clowns. The only guy I know around here who can help wants me to schedule ten days in advance and leave my car for two days--oh yeah he's an hour away from where I live and work now. So you guys are it. Anyone tackled the mischievous ECU light that indicates something about the oxy sensor?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.