ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the junkyard today. Want to know what I found? How bout 3 Z31's. One turbo-loaded and complete, another had digital dash and leather n/a. 4 280ZX's. One turbo, one auto, all ugly, one tranny missing. A 280Z 2+2, a 260Z, and 2 240Z's. What the **** they were there for I don't know. None of them were wrecked! One had a missing door and a few had no emblems. Thats it! Guy at the counter says they've been there for ever. WTF? Is my ssumption that most all Z failures a rusult of a simple electric thing or an auto tranny going bad correct? Then the owners dont "think" its worth fixing? I'm so confused/pissed. I'll be throwing up now thanks. F Me

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Where are these cars located?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
It's not Z'eeees..........

It's everything.........one of the 'yards' I cruise always has several "mechanical Machines" that I'm sure were junked for only one reason..........

..........."It got Old"

I'm also convinced that they could probably still be running for lack of the original $35.00 (an estimation) part that put them out of commission in the first place. Instead, they languish, ignored, collecting rust. Geeeeez.

With the exception of most of the people on forums like this that want to keep a little of the past alive, , the non-mechanical owner would rather trade than repair ! !

(or worst case scenario, were pressured by the spouse,......are just keeping up with the Joneses, etc.,etc.)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Re: It's not Z'eeees..........

We Z lovers have this problem....We tend to forget that there are some people out there that just consider them a cheap beater. When they quit, they get hauled off and replaced with another cheap beater. We kinda think an old caviler or focus in the same light. To be honest, I'm glad there are people out there like that. I got some darned good deals on some of my Zs!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Possible flood cars. If it's there, it's for a reason. Junkyard do put good cars back toghether and on the street. STRIP THE MOFOS!!!

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Look what those cars would sell for, especially ugly. We had a decent running, nice looking Z31, were asking $1500 and it took over six months to sell it. Forget getting more than $200-$300 for an ugly car no matter how good it runs. Most people are more interested in impressing someone (expencive -LOOKING- car) than good performance. People here talk about buying early Z's running for $500. It doesn't take much to "total" a car that will only bring $1000-$2000. Plus SUV's are still "in", you won't see many of them there that aren't really totaled. Sad but true.

·
Registered
458 Posts
where is this at, i have been looking for a 280Z doner/receiver car(depending on the frame condition). All I can find around my area are 83 and up, even then the cars were in some realy bad wreck

·
Registered
620 Posts
I wish i could find just 1 Z in a junk yard here in Auz, i would be a bit sad seeing thos cars in there :( especilly the ZXT and z31 Turbo :_(

Oh well

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Omaha, NE. Help yourself. Even if they're there they should sereve some purpose, I guess.

·
Registered
212 Posts
sigh... i never see real (70-78) Zcars in the junkyard here.. south florida eats the cars before they get that far i guess... they used to be around, six to ten years ago.. but since i bought my car over four years ago, junkyard presence has gone down to nil. im at a point where seeing a 280ZX is like, "Hey!! look at that!! oh well, not the right parts." plenty of 300ZXs out there for the "whats it really worth to fix or sell" category, but all id want outta one of them would be seats.. nice leather ones. in a junkyard? yaah, riiiight...

alas.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
280zxreigns , wouldnt it suck if you finally did find a datsun, but it was like a 240Z that was junked? nothing would fit yours : (

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.