ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like "The Fly", "help me!" 77Z trying to adjust the valves. Can't break nuts lose! Don't want to strip them. Any suggestions? Will flarenut wrench fit over them?
Also, running rich. Air flow meter? FuelPressuer regulator? Starts good, just runs rich. Thanks ever so much!
bud

·
Registered
92 Posts
What's up bud?
with loosening up the nuts use a open end box wrench size 14 I believe, hold a good grip, and tap it with a malot until the nut is freed. If you decide to use the deadly mans hammer, be very carefull not to hit the surface of the head or you will be spending $$$. The head is made of alluminum and is easy to damage. Oh yeah, before you go wackin' away with a hammer, remember lefty-loosie, righty tighty.

You know, there is even a better way. Take the box wrench and try to find another box wrench to latch on to it, in order to get LEVERAGE. If you have a long box wrench you won't need to link-lock them together for leverage. That's a old mechanics method of creating leverage with what little you may have.

Good Luck
U.Z.C
Sy

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
There are two things, first you have to crack open the locknut at the base. They are 17mm. They can be a bit difficult. If you have to ,remove the retainer spring this sometimes will give you a better fit with a wrench. If they are still to tight use a center punch or cold chisel and give them a hit. They are difficult to get a line wrench onto. Once the 17mm locknut is loose then you can turn the 14mm rocker pivot to adjust the clearances. Be sure to tighten the locknut afterwards. Sometimes when you tighten it it will change the clearance so recheck that too.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Nuts heck....I ain't no squirel !!!

Hi Bud.
On Oct 28 I presented a fairly detailed post on how to adjust the valves. Go to 'Search' check 'Author Only' and type ' shane280z' and click on past '30 days' and it will come up. It was originally posted to help out Bondorocket but you will find it valuable as well. Have fun. shane-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.