ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced all spark plugs, swapped the Coil Packs around and unplugged each Coil Pack one by one and got a drop on 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6. When I unplugged #5 no drop or anything. I have a slight miss that comes and goes. Being intermittent should I go ahead and let a local mechanic pull off the plenum and clean all injectors and put a different but better clip to go on and off of the injector at the wiring harness? All cylinders ohmed at 13.75 to 14.00 and the limits are 10.00 to 15.00 is what I read. Is the Plenum modification where you can Dremel off a few mm's so you don't have to pull it off all the time? I'm just going to shell out $400 to get the wiring done right (shrink wrap) and clean all of the injectors and put new o-rings on them and the crossbar. The car has 95K miles, one owner in very mint condition. This is the only problem and I've got it down to #5 cylinder and I'm stumped. Corrosion on #5 wiring to the top of the injector? I can't get the injector wire off of the male end of the top of the injector. Any idea's please.....
1990 300ZX Z32 Coupe 2+2 Manual
5 Speed with a Hatchback.
Thank You,
Chad Wagner

Attachments

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
There are more authoritative figures on the site, but at first glance you would think if all ohmed out OK that you do not have corrosion. But having removed these connectors and found green slime between the connector pins which can be dampish, it's possible when the voltage is applied there may be some leakage across the pins effecting the firing.
.02c

·
Registered
3 Posts
Going thru same problem

Yea I had corrosion and cleaned all injectors with 6 volts battery and pressure using carb cleaner. Without a flow meter and a pulser to simulate driving you never know if they are balanced. You need a matching set then if you still have problems you can go from there.

My corrosion was only on the injectors not inside the wires. Cleaning didnt help. Reinstalled and huge shake at 1550 rpm in nuetral but no where else. Another poster told he had a injector that would cut out at 2000 rpm only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts