ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No fun, hate pulling motors, dont like greasey engine bays. Im taking an extra few days cleaning and painting up the engine bay, and motor. And replace some of the seals that might as well be replaced.

Black Bitches Den:

Present state of project:

Post Edited (Aug 31, 3:44pm)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I kept getting told that those ramps under the front wheels suck and I would hit my front lip (ss) on them and they would slide forward as I drive up. looks like you solved the sliding problem with towels under the ramps. Nice garage.

·
Registered
297 Posts
nice looking ride you got there.

is it foreign?

:p

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Author: sportdriverGT
Date: Aug 31, 3:49pm

I kept getting told that those ramps under the front wheels suck and I would hit my front lip (ss) on them and they would slide forward as I drive up. looks like you solved the sliding problem with towels under the ramps. Nice garage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could'nt get those ramps under that car for like 10 minutes, keep sliding up, I was SO pissed! So I decided to use my Smarts. I went to Home Depot, and bought the stuff you put under rugs to keep them from sliding,and it worked like a charm!

Post Edited (Aug 31, 5:24pm)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I use the same ramps, after few times of trying to get the car up on them but ofcourse they kept sliding, I cut two 2x4's seven feet long, I lay them down with one end againt the wall and one end against the ramps, so no more sliding for me.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I used the same type of ramps too . I never thought of your idea but I got lucky each time I wanted under my car it was dry so i put the end of the ramp at the door of the garage which lowered the highest part a few inches and drove right up and worked on it there . But I will keep your idea in mind incase I want it up and actually in the garage LOL and thanks for the post telling how to do so.

·
Registered
65 Posts
try old rims they work good and you can get the lift
in ez

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I love using the ramps - so much less painful then having to jack it up and position jack stands when you are under the car on a regular basis (haha).

88 - are you keeping your wife's car out of the garage??! What does she think of that?! I suppose it would fit though :).

That's quite a picture of your z31 without the motor or tranny! Good luck as you venture through the last couple of days of this project!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Man, I so jealous of your garage!
No wonder you get things done so quickly...
I can just imagine it... home from work, say hi to the Mrs, eat dinner, go play with cars in the garage until bedtime... nice.
I live in a flat about the size of The Black Bitches Den!

Good work!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Man looks like my engine bay right now. :) waiting for a turbo cluthc right now then it is finally gonna be looking more complete!

Can't wait to see yours done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.