Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
sorry i am making a pest of myself.......my car was starting over and over again...no problem, but it sounded rough....but i dont think it is coming from the belts......it sounds like in by the cylenders....not like they are smashing into anything...just louder than normal.....

we put everything back together the belts on, and started the car......then.....moved the distributer a little ...to set it better to see if it would sound better than it is........NOW IT WONT START !!!!

we set it at TDC ( removed the #1 spark plug inserted a cut off length of coat hanger and rotated the crank pulley till I felt the cylender come to the top with the coat hanger)

then set the distributer at 9PM ( where we set it when it first when the car DID start )

AND IT JUST ROTATES BUT DOES NOT START !!

so I wanted to ask - someone in my last post says place the rotor ON #1 in the distributor, ( this is directly above my thermestat housing in direction)

OR should I put it at 9PM ( which is in the middle of #1 & #2 on the distributor.......the big gap )

every time I move the distributor should I put the #1 cylinder at TDC??

and why WONT IT START NOW !!!!

sorry you guys for all the trouble

Also yes I have checked all the plugs, and everything is plugged in where it should, nothing is unplugged.......

thanks so much

Lorelei

·
Registered
657 Posts
when puttin in the dist. you have to line up the marks(fogot which one though) on the gears. If thats done right then when you put it in turn it(entire assembly) so the rotor is pointing at 9 and when its in the rotor should be at like 7 and lined up with #1 on the cap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.