ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can find some info on how to change the sparkplugs on my 93 300zx, cause i cannot find them, and I dont feel like spending 250 dollars to get them changed. I love this car but, its somewhat hard to work on it, unlike my 85 turbo z.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
changen the plugs in the z32 is easier to me than in a z31, imho

but check on twinturbo.net under faq theres a writeup.

sorry i cant go into details right now, or i would give you a step by step guide.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Author: fun in the sun with a 91 z - you are such a wonderfull addition to this board, you and the people like you will never cease to astonish me. in the time it took you to type those moronic words in reply to this poor guy, offering no real help, i found the tech article and linked to it. you sir need to get a life.

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=3&i=245065&t=244791

Post Edited (Jan 7, 5:53pm)

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
JTMTT, for something like this the search function can be used very easily. Sure he could have told him but then he would have just been cooking him some fish instead of teaching him how to fish. Also go ask something like this in the 70-83 section or on TT.net its just about ban worthy there.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Find each coil pack. Remove them -carefully-. Remove spark plugs. Put new ones back in like any other car [hand tight, then turn with wrench]. Becareful with the connectors, they are probably very brittle.

1,096 Posts
Thank you cville, thank you Mega again go to tt.net and ask this question and monitor the lovely replies you'll receive there. It was a simple suggestion that would prevent him from getting flammed in the future.

Ryan

Post Edited (Jan 7, 6:12pm)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks alot guys, I will go ahead and change them tommorow, It doesnt seem as hard as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
here is the link<http://www.ttzd.com/tech/sparkplugstech.html>

sorry i couldnt get it earlier

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
i've changed the plugs in my Z in under 30 minutes... i'm a master at it

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
This site has a reputation for being user-friendly. We are pretty good at keeping flames to a minumum. tt.net is flame alley...lotsa thug mentality there.

But to the issue...there's something about these cars that is like magic. It's like pixie dust or something that makes you intimidated not to disturb. But the spark plugs are at once daunting, then when done, simple.

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
But nothing ever intimidated me like this car did for the first few years.

Put it this way...I walked right up to the first runner-up Miss NC and asked her for a date. She was a "carpenter's dream"...know what I mean?

If she had had some serious curves, like the Z32, I would have been a blithering idiot.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
hah.. next week marks my 1-year anniversary here at Zcar. I was intimidated by my Z at first - but all the wrench-turners and DIYers here made me feel like I could tackle the work on my own. Now my car is intimidated by ME! (not really)

just goes to show you what a little support and a FSM can do for ya.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.