ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 300ZX. I few months ago I slipped a timing belt which bent an engine valve. I've decided I'm not going to fix it, I'm going to go ahead and part with it. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether I should see how much I can get for the car as is, or if I should try to part it out. If you have any suggestions please get back to me.

·
Registered
657 Posts
where are you from? What kind of condition is the car? miles, have you opened the engine up yet, turbo or non, coupe or 2+2, year?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
you probably won't get much for a non-running z31. $500? I'd buy a cheap JDM engine, or just new heads, and install that. Then you can decided weather or not to sell it.
You could probably get some money by parting it out, but it will consume lots of your time.

·
Registered
657 Posts
if he bent a valve he will prbably have to replace pistons.......im thinking this is what he doesnt want to do. And judging by his post he doent work on cars very much. "engine valve"lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't work on cars very much, and I'm a girl. It's a 1987 coupe my Dad bought for me. I don't know much about these cars except what I've been told so any input you guys can give would be awsome. My Dad does work on cars alot but he wants me to figure out what he wants me to do with the car and which way he thinks I'll get more money for. I'm selling it whether we get it running again or not, I've had too many problems with it. Three weeks before this happened it was the heater core.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.