ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 280z and it all of a sudden quit charging the battery. The amp gauge reads negative all the time even qhen the car is off. Had the alternator and voltage regulator checked they are good. Both are about 1 year old. I charged the battery and everything worked fine then everything didn't. It might be the battery. Fusible link fine too. What could be wrong. Sam 75 280z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Have Your Alternator Checked, Sam.

With your car running take a test lite and ck both wires at brush connector , test lite should be brite , ck main wire with volt meter should be at least 13.9 or better, volt meter should read the same at battery terminals.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The battery is good too. I'm getting no voltage to the battery. Only 12.26v which is the charge on the battery. Alternator and Voltage regulator have been checked off the car by Auto Zone and are good. I'm doing some test right now so I'll get back soon. Sam 75 280z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Although the alternator checked out on the tester I decided to check it myself. With the car running I was getting 10v out of the alternator. So I took it in to get exchanged since it had a lifetime garantee at Auto Zone. The first place had the wrong alternator in the box so I had to go across town and get one. They wanted to check the alternator I was bring back well they said it was good and refused to replace it and walked off. I talk to him again 10 min. later of arguing I got my alternator but he wouldn't warrantee it. Car works fine now. I will definately be doing something about his rude behavior. Sam 75 280z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.