ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the normal oil pressure readings on a 83ZX N/A are at idle. Mine usually runs right on the first mark past "0". Sometimes at Idle it drops a little below, but the red "oh @#[email protected]" light never comes on...Also when first starting..it takes about 2-4 sec to come off "0". Is this normal? Or should I be looking into replacing the pump...or could it be a loose connection to the sensor. I did just recently adjust the lifters and saw no wear, and shows sign of good circulation. Very clean actually....supprised my dad for having 148K on it. (long time mechanic).

· Registered
4,034 Posts
As long as the gauge read about half way doing coasting you be okay. the one wire sender is pretty slow. I'm sure you can update by changing the sender to two wire like the one from 2nd gen RX-7

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Oil pressure senders on the Z-ZX were notoriously inaccurate. Check pressure with a direct gage to rule out any real pressure problems. Fittlings for the gage hook up may be BSP threads. Your father should be able to check this for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.