ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another issue with my 'free Z' is that most of the accessories and electric components do not work. No headlights is what I want to cure first. Then the heater fan...I guess ya get what ya pay for. Are there new wiring harness kits out there? Or should I slowly and painfully check the wiring one at a time, the hard way? I really suck with wiring :(

-Kurt

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I won't be the only one to tell you this. Start with the fuse box.

Many of the electrical problems on the 240Z are right there at the fuse box. Do an actual check of the fuses, not just a visual, i.e. do a continuity check. Check the fuse holders for anything less than a bright shiny contact surface, make sure they are tight enough to grip the fuse firmly.

Once you've done this, you may have solved some of the problems, then re-evaluate what you need to address.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I agree with the fuseblock check, but I'd go a step farther. Remove the block from the kick panel and check the wire to fuseholder joints, I soldered all of mine. Also check the maze of wires associated with the fusable links and the links. Zbyter has some excellent info on swapping the links for "maxi fuses" (a planned upgrade for me. His site is listed in links, enthusiasts.Feel free to email me, I'm pretty good at wiring, I'll help if I can

Cliff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.