ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn the key to start the engine on my '83 2+2 a loud screeching sound comes out from around the center of the dashboard. It lasts for a few minutes at a rather irritatingly loud level, and then begins to fade slowly. Any ideas on WHY in the world it makes this noie and what I can do to fix it?

thanks

· Registered
613 Posts
I had it once on my 280zx when i boosted it, the got a huge surge, and for a few mins when then key went in the on position i heard this insane buzz. The surge was not depleted until i took of the post and re-connected it, don't boost your z, or any EFI for that matter. But to your problem is you battery giving too high of a voltage initialy? Shouldn't happen but who knows, some electrical guru should be on sometime to correct my wild guess.

-Emir

· Registered
87 Posts
Is it a metalic screach? I thought I had a bizzare metalic screach from the centre of the dars - untill I realised it was actualy the hood lock vibrating, as the hood was not quite properly aligned, but it sounded like it was in the dash. Have you taken the hood off recently?

· Registered
492 Posts
Bats..?

....a lot of the first generation 2+2 were bad about getting bats inside them.....
....i'm sorry i couldnt help myself....kinda sounds like (maybe) the window washer/or headlight washer pump?...the only other thing i can think it might be is the defroster/heater .......(and ....of course....bats...).....sorry..........s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.