Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the same as Nitrouzboy but here goes:

I have a good blue spark from the coil (good juice into the dist cap from the coil) but no spark at the plugs. What I'm hoping to hear is "new cap and rotor". Could it be anything else? Pickup coil inside distributor?

Here is what I did.

Car won't start but turns over.
1. Pulled coil wire form distributor and let it ark to car body while turning over. Got blue spark.

2. Took extra spark plug and put into plug wire #1 (pulled from installed plug) to see if it would spark. No spark.

3. Took cap off dist and inspected/cleaned contacts. Replaced and still no start.

4. Removed dist cap once again and while buddy turned key in ignition to see of rotor was spinning. It was.

What the [email protected]#$ could it be?

G

·
0 Posts
My money is on a bad rotor or cap. Especially, since you pulled the coil wire at the distributor end. That would confirm a nice fat spark going into the distributor. The odds are slim that all six wires from the distributor to the plugs could be bad, and I have had rotors go out on me before. Good luck. John.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Possibly you lost the little carbon bullet shaped button that goes up into the center post of the dizzy cap inside. If this falls out or is broken/cracked you lose any volts from center conductor to the rotor. Either that or the rotor like JML77280Z said. If you have a nice blue spark from coil through the coil wire then the rest of your system is working fine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much.

Thank you very much for your replies! I was concerned that it wouldbe my pickup coil. The ealiest time I could get my hands on one would be next week, no one stocks them. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.