ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1982 I step on the gas and get no response. I checked the linkage and it seems fine. I replaced out the airflowmeter which I heard might cause it. Still the car will only idle making it very hard to workwith I have a parts car that runs but the body is shot so I can switch parts easily for troubleshooting I just need some places to start at. Also if you could describe where the part is located I have the haynes and chilton but not the factory manual so they don't list all the sensors and such. Anyway I really appreciate all the help I get on the site, without everyone I would have given up long ago.

·
Registered
45 Posts
First, single out the area of the problem. Start the car, pop the hood and press down on the linkage (if your not sure, get a buddy to press the gas pedal) If you press down the linkage opening your throttle body and your engine should rev up. If this doesn't happen, then unless you installed a new Air Flow meter, disconnect the rubber boot from the meter to the throttle body and try once more, still if no response, then you hav a fuel injection problem. Email me at [email protected] if you need further help
thanks
jers

·
Registered
45 Posts
First, single out the area of the problem. Start the car, pop the hood and press down on the linkage (if your not sure, get a buddy to press the gas pedal) If you press down the linkage opening your throttle body and your engine should rev up. If this doesn't happen, then unless you installed a new Air Flow meter, disconnect the rubber boot from the meter to the throttle body and try once more, still if no response, then you hav a fuel injection problem. Email me at [email protected] if you need further help
thanks
jers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.