ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i depress my clutch when my car is off, there is absolutely no pressure for it. It goes down and stays until, and then i can pull it out and it pops back out. When I'm driving, it sticks some, but it's not too bad. I think it might be the master or slave cylinders gone bad, but i'm not sure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll probably just replace them both. I read somewhere that it isn't too hard of a job to do. I do have my haynes. Do you think that a engine novice could do this repair? Also, is it o.k. for me to drive on it now? I have smelt this weird smell, and it could be my clutch burning or something.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yes, it is SUPER easy. It'll probably take you like 30-45 minutes. Buy a front brake hose to bypass the clutch dampener. Make sure to teflon tape all threads, and to remove the windshield wiper tank, just pull up. And BLEED BLEED BLEED!!!!

Post up an other question

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just called them, they said that the slave cylinder would cost $56 and that the master would cost $119. I'm thinking about just replacing the slave, cause i don't have much money. Think that's ok?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Go to advanced auto parts, or napa, or autozone, and they should have them both, aftermarket for pretty cheap. this is the route I went and i have had no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.