ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is the deal i have no injector pulse what can i check? i dont think it is the controll unit because it was fine before i took the cylinder head off... is there a ground that i can check for the injector clips???

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> OK here is the deal i have no injector pulse
> what can i check? i dont think it is the
> controll unit because it was fine before i
> took the cylinder head off... is there a
> ground that i can check for the injector
> clips???

the next thing to check is whether you have positive power at the injector, and whether you have ground side switching at the ecu. the ecu may be good, but something may be telling it not to fire the injectors. if you have no injector pulse, you need to find out which half of the circuit failed before you can start checking things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
> the next thing to check is whether you have
> positive power at the injector, and whether
> you have ground side switching at the ecu.
> the ecu may be good, but something may be
> telling it not to fire the injectors. if you
> have no injector pulse, you need to find out
> which half of the circuit failed before you
> can start checking things.

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. Engine will crank but fire, I replaced fuel filter, fuel pump, checked all the sensors, cylinder temp, cold start valve,Thermotime switch, Air flow meter and throttle valve switch, all within tolerance. I have fire at the spark plugs, replaced ECU. I have 12 volts at EFI Relay going to dropping resistors and to injectors, the problem seems that ECU is not providing the ground path to turn on fuel injectors. I have had this problem for about three weeks and it is totally puzzling me. Do you have a Haynes repair manual? I have one, if you want to compare notes i will be more than willing.. Ozzie 253-912-0890

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.