ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone help me hunt down an electrical problem...i have no - injector pulse it may be the EFI relay or it may be the droping resistor...but i dont know how to test them i have the haynes manual but it does not say( or i have not found )how to diagnos it... you can icq me at 11603581

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> can someone help me hunt down an electrical
> problem...i have no - injector pulse it may
> be the EFI relay or it may be the droping
> resistor...but i dont know how to test them
> i have the haynes manual but it does not
> say( or i have not found )how to diagnos
> it... you can icq me at 11603581

There is a tester made for the Bosch type fuel injection. The test light is found at Autozone. Im not quite sure what the part number is but it is a small test light that plugs into the factory wiring connector for the fuel injectors. This might not help you but if you need more help hit me at [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
> can someone help me hunt down an electrical
> problem...i have no - injector pulse it may
> be the EFI relay or it may be the droping
> resistor...but i dont know how to test them
> i have the haynes manual but it does not
> say( or i have not found )how to diagnos
> it... you can icq me at 11603581

Hi there, +12v comes from the EFI relay throug dropping resistors and then to injectors and then to ECU. Check to see if you have +12v, Using a multimeter connect positive end to injector connector and other lead from multimeter to any metal part on car. Crank car you should see voltage go up to 12v. Ensure you have a good ground. Also if no +12v insert multimeter positive end to other end on injector, unless you know which one is the one connected to dropping resistor. Or you can get a 3 watt 12 volt light bulb with two wire connected to it and connect that to injector connector, turn car over you should see light bulb light. You can do the same for cold start valve.

Ozzie
253-912-0890

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.