ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I posed this question back in October but haven't been able to bench bleed the master cylinder untill now. I purchased a new one and bench bled that bitch. then bled the whole system properly and still no front brakes....

Any ideas?? I have replaced the front calipers and the left side hose and nipple.

thanks

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
are your calipers on the right side? they can fit both left and right sides. If they are on the wrong side, no amount of bleeding will make them work.

Post Edited (Apr 9, 3:42pm)

·
Registered
430 Posts
When I replaced mine...it took a while to bench bleed it...and it acted like it wouldn't bleed out right. Have to follow the instructions carefully.

It still took a few miles for the brakes to start to act right.

Might loosen the lines out of the MC and try bleeding it in place some?

Or buy the vac tester/bleeder set for $30 or so....and bleed it from the wheels?

Post Edited (Apr 10, 3:27am)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sounds like a proportionate valve, they regulate the braking power from front to back. Also there is always the chance you got a bad part. Its amazing how many "new" parts are crap. Only thing else would be a crimped or stopped up line. Good luck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
if the brake booster was bad he would have one **** of a pedal, i replaced my caliper and broke the line coming off the master cylinder had to bend a new one, that wasnt fun, but id say its your master cylinder, bleed that bitch till you cant no more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.