ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot seem to figure out what is causing my 84 300ZX to have no interior/exterior lights with the exeption of high beams (but lights don't pop up). The windows and mirrors are about the only things electricaly that works. The dig. gages don't work but I have new power supply for that. The car starts and runs fine otherwise. I have replaced all fuses with new ones, all fusible links by battery are good. Is there anything else that I can check that could be an easy fix. Are there any relays besides headlight relay in engine compartment that could be my problem. Also, all the grounds look good in the car. Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
548 Posts
The headlight switch/stalk is probably the culprit. If it's bad it will drive you friggin' bonkers trying to figure out whats going on. I replaced mine with a new one from Victoria British. Have seen messages on this site where guys have taken them apart and cleaned contacts with success. Before I changed mine the headlights worked in low beam, no tailights, side marker lights or license plate lights. But the low beams and the brake lights worked. If you switched the high beams on the covers kept going up and down and the headlights went out. Strangely the warning voice came back too!
My car is an 84 n/a.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.