ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other week i disconected my a/c (took belt off) and ever since then i have been getting really bad gas mileage. i went through about 1/2 a tank in 5 days (maybe 100 miles). i was thinking it may need to adjust the timing(running it rick, using more gas then needed) . is that wat i need to do or is there something more?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ways to save some gas costs with your Z....

* new plugs...wires...dist cap & rotor.

* check gas cap to see if it holds pressure...check EVAP system for functioning.

* use synthetic oils in the engine...trans...diff...maybe 3% gain in mileage?

* new O2 sensor (if the old one doesn't work)...possible 10-12% gain in mileage?

* tire pressure up to max (be SURE and check for good traction)....possibly a 3-5% gain?

* drive like your grandma.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have new plugs,wires, cap,rotor, o2 sensor. what is the EVAP system? how could i test the gas cap? if i were to drive like my grandma i would get even worse mileage!!

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
What kind of car is it (Z or ZX)?
Simply removing the belt will not make any difference if you were not using the A/C compressor anyway.

If you do not know what your timing is, now is a good time to check....

·
Registered
430 Posts
EVAP system is the pressurized gas tank (gas cap)...lines to/from the engine...charcoal canister....the valve that bleeds the canister into the manifold under some conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.