ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes, it's real. It's a Y40, 3988cc. Stock it's 195hp - nothing exceptional. Good luck getting parts for it! See the very bottom of <http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/cedric.html> for about all the technical information I could find on this car and engine.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Oh, but what a motor...

Yes, it is only 195 hp, but what wonderful, smooth, quiet power is produced fron all those small cylinders. My LS400 manages to move around PLENTY with its EPA-choked, tiny little V8. Trouble is, you look under the hood and theres not an engine there! Just a large, flat area of plastic and whatnot. What would a person do to capitalize on the fabulous engineering that has gone into both the Q45 and the LS400? Hmmmmm...

steve 77

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Its real but it was only avaiable over seas. If you want a v8 get Nissans newest V8. Its in the 2002 q45 its a 4.5 liter that puts out 345hp.I think its is the best small(er) displacment V8 on the market, its even better than Fords mutsang cobra 4.6. But the problem with this motor is you can only get an automatic transs mission :(

JT

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why not drop a chevy or ford V8 under the hood if you are going to go that far and try for 275 to 300 hp?
~~Zcoyote~~

·
Registered
991 Posts
.every and anybody can put a small-block ford or chevy in a z-car it is not a new idea. the idea of a nissan v-8 is a different one, more unique hence more appreciated in some eyes, if not for the odity and willingness to be different than at least the engineering required to do it. it hasn't been done thousands of times over like ford and chevy v-8s. just my thought.
Chris

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: Exactly. n/m

i agree with z carguy it would be unique and impressive to see nissan v8in a z car. i have thought about it for years but the idea of an automatic i dont like. i like shifting gears up and down. but if money were no object it could be done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.