ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear the 85'-89' Nissan Pathfinder front differential is the same as a 280z unit (hopefully R-200)and comes with 4'11` or 4'30` gears. Anyone have any solid information on this subject? I'm looking for a R-200 diff. with 4'11 or 4'30 for my racecar.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have heard this even before I had a Z car,the saying goes that suburu,nissan diffs are both made by the same manufacturer and that is why the parts interchange w/each other, I do know that the trucks had a 4.11 gear but havnt heard about the 4.30, I'm gonna check on that 1 though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know about the pathfinder but the 3rd member from the 86 4x4 truck works, I have it in my 78 and it works fine, and I think its 4.11. And you'll notice the difference right away. You will lose some on the top end but youll get off the line in a hurry. Hope you can find one, if your in the So. Cal. area send me an e-mail and I'll tell you were to find one.. Good luck..

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I am not trying to be smart, but, what is a "3rd member"?

Is there such a thing as a "1st and 2nd member"?

If there is what do they refer to?

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
Shouldn't loose top-end...

a 4.11 equipped car would be right near redline at top-end, instead of around 6000.
Regardless of what everyone says, a stock 240 or 280 will only go about 125mph in near-stock or mildly modified form, and that's right at the upper end of a 4.11 ratio's rev range.
a car with a 3.70 will only be turning something like 6300 at 125 or so, so there is room to play, and that's only in fourth!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.