ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it was Thursday, but Paul Harvey said that Dialmer-Chrysler whatever was looking into buying Nissan. Anyone else here this??

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I think it was Thursday, but Paul Harvey
> said that Dialmer-Chrysler whatever was
> looking into buying Nissan. Anyone else here
> this??

My mom heard it on the radio this week. She said that whoever was speaking on behalf of Dialmer-Chrysler, said that they want to make another z car like the original z's.

·
Registered
996 Posts
> My mom heard it on the radio this week. She
> said that whoever was speaking on behalf of
> Dialmer-Chrysler, said that they want to
> make another z car like the original z's.

if diamler-chrystler buys nissan out then they would have the capability to produce a zcar much like the originall....they got pockets a mile deep.....and then some.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If Diamler-Chrysler buys Nissan, lets just hope that the poor quality that exists in Chrysler products doesn't find it's way into the Nissan products...(Take it from someone that delt with top regional executives to no end, and found that their service centers can't trouble shoot problems)

> if diamler-chrystler buys nissan out then
> they would have the capability to produce a
> zcar much like the originall....they got
> pockets a mile deep.....and then some.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I think it was Thursday, but Paul Harvey
> said that Dialmer-Chrysler whatever was
> looking into buying Nissan. Anyone else here
> this??

The talks at this moment are just that. Nothing more than talk. President of Nissan said that he may look into cooperating with the folks at daimler-chrysler, but that's all he said. D/C went to japan and talked with them...and they are willing to spend 30 percent of their budget on the dwindling japanese market.

This could be very good for all of us nissan fans. Nissan has the inginuity for good cars, and daimler-chrysler certainly has more than enough colateral to back it, so in the long run it could prove great for the classic Z lovers too...even MORE parts for the old z's.

Nissan might also actually stand a chance on making a decent z to pull them out of debt. But for me, as long as they continue making the parts for the 280's I am perfectly happy

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dunno whether to be excited or scared.

> If Diamler-Chrysler buys Nissan, lets just
> hope that the poor quality that exists in
> Chrysler products doesn't find it's way into
> the Nissan products...(Take it from someone
> that delt with top regional executives to no
> end, and found that their service centers
> can't trouble shoot problems)
Before I bought my Nissan 3 years ago, I was a die-hard Chrystler fan (have a 1970 Dodge Charger). Poor quality in some areas aside, Chrystler cars have guts, and so do the people who design them. I wasn't too thrilled to hear Mercedes and them merged, but my hope lives on. If they buy Nissan, I'll be back to being a fan of only one car company. I guess it's everyone's dream to take your favorite thing in two areas and combine them. But I do worry that the bigger the companies get, the less they will design cars for the individual and the more they will try and please everybody. General Motors is (if I'm not mistaken) the biggest car company in the world, and sometimes when I see their cars I wonder if GM stands for Generic Motors, they tend to make cars that sacrifice individuality for mass marketing.
Ok, I'll step down from my soapbox now.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
> The talks at this moment are just that.
> Nothing more than talk. President of Nissan
> said that he may look into cooperating with
> the folks at daimler-chrysler, but that's
> all he said. D/C went to japan and talked
> with them...and they are willing to spend 30
> percent of their budget on the
> dwindling japanese market.

> This could be very good for all of us nissan
> fans. Nissan has the inginuity for good
> cars, and daimler-chrysler certainly has
> more than enough colateral to back it, so in
> the long run it could prove great for the
> classic Z lovers too...even MORE parts for
> the old z's.

> Nissan might also actually stand a chance on
> making a decent z to pull them out of debt.
> But for me, as long as they continue making
> the parts for the 280's I am perfectly happy

Here Here!!! I'm with you. As long as support for the cars we all have stays in place, what's the biggie? Have you priced a Nissan lately, sheez they are kinda pricey aren't they? As for everyday transportation I hope to releive my Z of those duties soon, and pass them on to a bic lighter car. You know something that is intended to take the everyday abuse behind a dumptruck on the freeway, and the chug hole ridden trips to here or there. Use it up and pass it on, saving my Z for the fun times. Nissan needs to get back to providing that good ole everyday car as well. Maybe we will choose to buy a new Nissan instead of a Nissan that counts for nothing in the Nissan coffers. How much did Nissan make off the purchase of your used 280/260/240? They didn't make anything when I purchased mine either, because it was used. You can't keep a Motor Company alive selling parts, which is the only money Nissan makes off of us Zcar owners.

Anyway... 2 cents worth for what it's worth

Ken

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's exactly right! There seem to be more Nissans on the road over ten years old, that any other japaneese brand. How can they be in debt? the answer is they make their cars too **** good. It's hard to sell a new car when your old one is working perfectly. Plus the people who know how great Nissans are already have one, and won't need a new one for a long time. It's just too bad for Nissan, since they are doing us a favor. thanks for many years of trouble free driving.
>
Here Here!!! I'm with you. As long as
> support for the cars we all have
> stays in place, what's the biggie? Have you
> priced a Nissan lately, sheez they are kinda
> pricey aren't they? As for everyday
> transportation I hope to releive my Z of
> those duties soon, and pass them on to a
> bic lighter car. You know
> something that is intended to take the
> everyday abuse behind a dumptruck on the
> freeway, and the chug hole ridden trips to