ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I had a kid call and ask me about my Nissan 300 ex for sale. At first I was just thinking I did not understand him correctly but later he texted 300 ex to me. I tried to tell him this was a fixer-upper or a parts car and he didn't seem to care much. The question is do I sell the car to a kid knowing it has problems and knowing he has no idea about Zs?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think it depends on what is wrong with the car. Explain to him what is wrong with the car and COST of repairs. Remember the good lord watches us and know weather we care or not, it sounds like you care or you would not have posted. Do what you feel is right

·
Super Moderator
6,412 Posts
How old?

Here, anyone under the age of 18 can't enter into a contract which means they cannot buy a titled car but their parents can put it in their name.
How old is he and does he have enough money. Make him or parents if under 18 sign an agreement acknowledging that it's a parts car or fixer upper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: How old?

I am guessing he was high school aged. After I told him to talk to his mom I have not herd back from him. I am guessing see could see a bad tranny is not a great car for a novice.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Re: How old?

zxtoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here, anyone under the age of 18 can't enter into
> a contract which means they cannot buy a titled
> car but their parents can put it in their name.
> How old is he and does he have enough money. Make
> him or parents if under 18 sign an agreement
> acknowledging that it's a parts car or fixer
> upper.

Actually, you can buy a car if you're under 18. You just can't license or drive it.

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
junkman wrote:
Actually, you can buy a car if you're under 18. You just can't license or drive it.

huh? Is this new? I bought my own car, licenced,insured and drove it in my name when i was 16.

·
Registered
282 Posts
>Actually, you can buy a car if you're under 18. You just can't license or drive it.

The confusion is that the contract of sale to a minor is voidable. That means that the parents of the child can void the contract if they disagree with it, and the car's title would not legally be that of the child.

This is why some of you bought cars at 16, but an 18 year old can't enter into a non-voidable binding contract.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Jerry h Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it depends on what is wrong with the car.
> Explain to him what is wrong with the car and COST
> of repairs. Remember the good lord watches us and
> know weather we care or not, it sounds like you
> care or you would not have posted. Do what you
> feel is right

The good lord. Oh jesus.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.