ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice job. How do the wheels fit? I have heard it is hard to get wheels with the proper offset to fit 70-78 Z's. I would like to know how to determine whether a particular wheel will fit when checking it out. (i.e., is it possible to measure the offset yourself to make sure, if so how?)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Yes indeed,Nice Ride Phantom (Upper Left)!!

Looks like you have put a lot into Zak, Looks good.
> Nice job. How do the wheels fit? I have
> heard it is hard to get wheels with the
> proper offset to fit 70-78 Z's. I would like
> to know how to determine whether a
> particular wheel will fit when checking it
> out. (i.e., is it possible to measure the
> offset yourself to make sure, if so how?)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: She opps, (HE) looks great!!

> Looks like you have put a lot into Zak,
> Looks good.

Keep us posted on the engine build. How do you like the springs and KYB combo? How does it compare to the original set-up? I'm getting a lot of wheel slap/hop over rough roads in the back end on mine and I'm wondering is that just the nature of these or are new springs and struts in order?

Later,

Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Stunning! That's what a good Z should look like!

Nice to see your ride Phantom. You have done an excellent job making him look FAST! Even when standing still.

I LIKE!

Steve Graber

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, it's a beaut.

Just wondering, you only listed 2 6x9s in back, but it looks like there are 2 subwoofers pointing straight up, located behind the seats. Am I just seeing things?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: **** that's a tough act to follow!!

> Yeah, it's a beaut.

> Just wondering, you only listed 2 6x9s in
> back, but it looks like there are 2
> subwoofers pointing straight up, located
> behind the seats. Am I just seeing things?
n/c.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Coop,
I special ordered the wheels from Center Line. They are 16x7 centerlines with 0 offset. The 225/50HR16 tires fit fine on the front but just kiss the inside lip of the rear fender wells on hard bumps. I could grind about 1/16 off the inside edge and fix it but it hasn't been enough of a hassle to make it worth my time. Getting 7 wide wheels with 3 5/8 backspacing instead of 3 1/2 would accomplish the same thing. The look wouldn't be quite as aggressive though as the tires would sit a bit closer in.
Thanks for the compliment.
Phantom

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Springs & Struts

Matt,
My original springs and struts were so far gone at 160,000 miles that I sort of just floated down the road. Had a really smooth ride but not great control. The new European springs are supposedly 1/4 shorter than stock but when I installed them the ride height of the car RAISED about 1. The KYB's and new springs definitely stiffened up the ride but it is not harsh and I have great control. Well worth the money.
Phantom

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Re: Stunning! That's what a good Z should look lik

Steve,
With the project you have under way I really value your appreciation. Thanks for the compliment.
Phantom

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Seeing Things??

> Yeah, it's a beaut.

> Just wondering, you only listed 2 6x9s in
> back, but it looks like there are 2
> subwoofers pointing straight up, located
> behind the seats. Am I just seeing things?
Not quite - What you see are the original 6x9's that I installed over the original storage bay areas in the deck area. Got tired of them getting clobbered every time I put something back there. I also have hinged the front of the back deck area so I can lift it up and store stuff in the wells right behind the seats. I will lose those 6x9's when I replace the carpet and deck cover panel later. Good eyes. Thanks for the compliment.
Phantom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.