ZCar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Recently just purchased a 1971 240z. Car is original and running the same old 50 year old shocks. Wanting to get some opinions on what to do about suspension and also upgrade on breaks. Question would be coil overs or struts and springs, and also what combo of disc breaks would work with which ever opinion or advice you may have to offer. Definitely want to do it all at once but having a difficult time researching and getting lost with all the mix opinions. I do not have the greatest mechanical knowledge but want to make this a daily driver so hitting the track is not of importance to me. I appreciate the help....

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Go to www.xenonzcar.com and start reading up on the S30 section. Also download the free FSM for your year car and start reading that.
Not racing or track? No need for coil overs. There are several break conversions out there, but I feel that stock is best. Get yourself a suspension bushing kit (rubbers or polys your choice) and start there... replace all the worn rubber bushings underneath. You might still be able to get tokiko shock struts... go to www.theZstore.com to see what is available. Also I believe the Koni's are back too.

If you're looking for a daily driver, stick with stock stuff for comfort.

Bon

Reactions: Dave M
1 - 2 of 2 Posts