ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,154 Posts
I hate to say this, but I don't think writing letters is going to do much good. Frankly, it's the Ford Mustang syndrome all over again: Build a car that becomes a classic, then stop building it, then reintroduce it by building a horrendous, underpowered, ugly sacrilige to the name. Hello? They finally got it somewhat right with the new model, but it took them 30 years and what, THREE ugly body styles later.

Frankly, as long as Nissan keeps making parts for my '82 ZX, I don't care whether they come out with a new Z powered by a 4 cylinder engine or a V-16. The car is ugly. It's not as bad as a new Taurus, which I still think is the ugliest car on the road. But it's pretty bad. Besides, am I missing something, or did Nissan have their shot already with the 300ZX and they couldn't sell more than a few thousand a year at the end? I say you can't go home again, and I've never seen a sequel yet, automotive or otherwise, that came close to the appeal of the original. (Okay, except Godfather II.) So let it go and give the masses a decent electric car. They could call it the ZZZT.

· Registered
1,154 Posts
Well, I'm up to my 4 cents worth (see previous post in this stack) here, but I still fail to see the point. Could somebody please clarify for me how Nissan introducing a new Z car -- no matter what engine it has -- is going to impact me and my '82ZX, or any of you out there with any of the great, legendary ORIGINAL cars? The only correlation I can come up with is the new Z looks as though it will be so underpowered and ugly that it could increase the value of all of our cars.

Other than that, what am I missing? Should I get equally as worked up when Levi comes out with their latest baggy-jean style? Personally, I'll continue to walk right by those and keep buying those cool old 501s. There's nothing like a classic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.