ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
The last nail in Nissan's coffin

I understand your fear the Z will become another repackaged classic that never lives up to it's name, but if you haven't noticed, Nissan is about to go under financially. If they came out with a Z that will be the king of the hill sports car to live up to the Z name, it would have to have lots of horsepower, awesome handling, and probably a lot of extra niceties. And those cars don't come cheap, so they'd be looking at low volume/high price car much like the last 300ZXs were.

I know it will be an embarrasment to those who know what a Z used to be to have a repackaged 240SX called a Z, but what would you find more embarrasing, a half-hearted Z or Nissan no longer making cars anymore? Studabaker used to make awesome cars. Used to.

If I were actually in the market to buy a brand new car, I might write Nissan and tell them what I would like to see in a Z, but I'm willing to guess most of the people reading this forum aren't too interested in buying a new $30,000 Z, which is probably what a respectable Z would cost today.

But, hey, this is just my opinion, no offense to you Ranma, I don't see any reason why writing Nissan would be a bad thing. If enough people show interest in purchasing a more performance-oriented Z, then Nissan would be stupid not to consider building one.

· Registered
62 Posts
Haha, where can I get a ZZZT?

You might have a good idea there. Maybe you should write Nissan and they can market the ZZZT, make a bunch of money, and save their butts. Then maybe they'd have the money to take a chance and make a real performer out of the new Z. Reguardless, it was good for a chuckle, thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.