ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this months Turbo Mag. has a 280zxT in it and it is claming 365 hp @ wheels over 400 @ flywheel. They said the bottom end is stock with the exception of a 2mm HKS headgasket.It also has a t3/t4 set to 18 psi.Plus it's still using the stock injectors.Crain Hi-6 ingition with a PS-92 coil.
It is a very nice car ,but do these figures sound right with these mods.I have just got the Top-End catalog an it seems to say you need a **** of a more mods than this to get that kind of hp.I know they want to sell you things so they might stretch the truth some so that you might buy parts from them.
The main question is can the stock bottom end handle [email protected] the wheels and still be fairly reliable.Also what would you have to have @ the flywheel to get this @ the wheels.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was at the z show the guy still has the factory flow meter that i thought was only capable of go to about 350hp if lucky.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Just a 'little' inflated</b>

It sounds good in the magazine...

I seriously doubt that particular car is making those kind of numbers. Saw it at the Nat Z Conv. in New Mexico - fairly nice car, but engine (and fuel management) is not set up to push big hp #'s.

Rcr X '77 280z turbo i/c

(made over 50 total dyno runs on my daily driver on 5 different occasions)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>No fu#$ing way!</b>

There is no way in **** he is making 365hp to the wheels with 280cc injectors. I have heard from many that some people in the mag stretch the truth. Obviously some further than others. When I ran the stock 280cc injectors at 120psi, I could only muster 265hp to the wheels. The bottom end can handle it if everything, and I do mean everything is in check! Don't believe everything you read.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Difficult with stock injectors But possible

Well, I have not read the article yet, but those are difficult numbers to get with Stock injectors.

But the statement that it has just 18 psi of boost tells me that it is posible but with very high octane racing fuel and very high fuel pressure and maybe balanced injectors and without the filter inside.
Stock engine can handle a LOT more power than that.

I have also heard people saying that Turbo Mag posts unreal numbers but I dont think so. Some times Owners don't reveal all secrets of their cars, so numbers alone seem unreachable when they are Real.

Danilo

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>What</b>

I know for a fact of 2 people's cars that were featured in turbo and sport compact that claimed alot more than they had. How does race fuel allow you to lessen the amount of fuel needed at higher boost levels. you still have to have the fuel. Yes you can run leaner mixtures, but not enough to make a difference on fuel requirements. Not to dog you Danilo, but I don't think it is possible. OK have a good day and a wonderful weekend. Bye-Bye!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<b>RE: What</b>

Sometimes the quality can compensate the quantity.

You feel the difference between 12oz of beer and 12oz of 100 proof vodka.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.