ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I found a local 1980 280ZX and wanted some advice on anything besides rust, and so on to look for and also for some info on what a car like this should be worth.

1980ZX
Original Engine: 140,000 miles.
Regular maintiance. A recent 500 bucks spent on various things. very very little rust. nearly new dash(2 yrs. old.) The rest is all original. Also includes 4 spoked wheels and set of 4 studs and a bra.

It also has a crinkled front left fender. from a tire blowout.

Asking price! $1800

Is this reasonable? It blue booked with fair condition at 750, and 950 in excellant condition(glossy paint, new tires and the like), however, this doesn't quite fit in. But this is probably a bit low.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Aren

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: New to Zx. Some Advice</b>

This car like you describe would go for about 900 bucks at most. Do yourself a favor and thoroughly inspect the frame and floor boards for rust. Pull up the carpet, get a pointy screwdriver, and poke it all over the floor, look under the hatch, and under the battery. I know where there's a nice 77 280, for 700. A little body rust behing the doors.. never wrecked. Might want to talk him down.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

hey man where in the world are you i might have a ride for you.(vancouver wa)
not the prettest but strait and strong.82 280zx turbo. 1,000$ iposted on the 11may.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Central Oregon, Bend actually. I am going to look at it and drive it right now I will be back with more info. In a little bit.

Thanks.

Aren

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i recently picked up a '79 280xz in totally mint IN/out with 102,000 miles. All original , except custom rims, new tires, and bra. New paint 2 years ago. I paid $2700. Was more than I wanted to pay but it was in awesome shape and I do not have to put any more cash into it except for add. mods. If it is as good as you say. Haggle witht he owner and go for it. You will love it!!!mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.