ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this site and thought I would say hello to everyone.

I just bought a black N/A 1985 300zx in GL trim and thought this would be a great site for me to ask questions and see what the best way to start upgrading my car would be.

Since this will be my first Z car I am hoping you guys wont be to harsh if I ask a stupid question about the car. :p

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome aboard. You've picked a site with many knowledgable individuals....myself not included. LOL. Some darn good folks on here and a wealth of information that can be obtained. There's a LOT of info in the older posts that are simple to access. By doing so, your research of those older posts just may answer your question before you have to ask it. However, don't be shy about asking if you're not sure of something. You may get several different answers but, most of them will point you in the right direction. Once again....we're glad you're here. Good luck with your Z and enjoy it.

Special Ops Lives
88 2+2 N/A

·
Registered
880 Posts
welcome

hey man, welcome abord.. like sprectre87 said,there is alot of info here.. try and search before asking, as some people like to flame alot... dont take things to heart, ask questions freely after searching, and enjoy the nissan.. im sure its an awesome car.. welcome abord.. if ya have any questions feel free to email me..

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Welcome to the Z community (V)erciless! I have an 84 NA :), I notice yours only has 70K on her, thats great. Like pavementpounder said fill free to email or message me sometime. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome guys sounds like a pretty cool site!

I'll make sure to look at other posts before I ask questions.

I do have one question is zcarparts.com a good site to get things off of or is it expensive on there? I was looking at MSA headers and a K&N filter and thought I might be able to find those cheaper but I am not to sure where to look for things for a 85 N/A car.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
if you are feeling particularily bold, feel free to visit z31.com. Make sure you read and read and read before posting, the old members don't like stupid newbie questions. Most of them get posted anyways, so search aswell.

·
Registered
880 Posts
motorsportauto.. (zcarparts.com) is a very good place to buy parts if you ask me.. between motorsports auto and ebay i have build a sweet 77 280z with a chevy 350. the engine/tranny parts came from other vendors obviously.. but for the z parts motorsports is good.. you should try victoria british as well.. they specialize in z parts.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input I just odered the catolog from victoria british.

pavementpounder I see your car has flowmasters on it how do you like the sound of those?? I want something that is nice and deep but not to loud at high rpm.

Ok never mind I see thats for your 280...lol

What about the Apexi you like that?

Post Edited (Apr 10, 7:58pm)

·
Registered
880 Posts
the flowmasters are on the 77 280z and it has a chevy 350 in it, so the sound is irrelavent to your engine.. it sounds like any other big cammed 350 with flowmasters.. which is awesome. i love them, but i dont think they sound good on 6cylinders.. i have apexi exhaust on my 300zx turbo.. i love it to death! good luck

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the apexi exhaust was it a full cat back or just something you put together? What other type of exhuast would you guys say would sound good on a 300z GReddy? HKS? JIC? GP Sports?

Sounds good PetJag I will be asking questions for sure. lol

Post Edited (Apr 12, 1:18pm)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.