ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive halfway figured my way around the strait 6 s30s and s130s but i just picked up a z31 86 turbo so i just thought i woudl get familar with you guys

well i think i have figured out the basics but i dont like that there is so much crap i cant get to anything or that i cant even see the radiator that kinda bugs me and the fact it is alot slower than i expected but i should be able to fix that a bit with some help :p

first questions is about the adjustable suspension junk got the littel nob in the center console for soft neutral and firm when do i change this
while the car is on at idel? while crusing? while the car is off? and how do i know it has changed or whatever is there anyhtign on the dash that tells me?

its an 86 turbo 2 seater 5spd t top leather w/ digital dash?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Re: new to the v6 section and have a few questions - adjustable

You can change it at any time. But realize that only if the car has original shocks, or were replaced with OEM ($$$) adjustible shocks will the switch still work.

·
Registered
517 Posts

Those are Tokiko 3-way adjustable shocks and they're NLA (No Longer Available) if you need to replace them. Turn the shock absorber adj. switch only when the ignition is on, not off although I don't think there's any harm in doing so. The corresponding "S", "N", and "F" LED lights will glow for each setting.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts

change it at 100mph if you want. If it still works, you will feel the cars suspension change a few seconds after you make the switch

If any part of the display on the shock switch blinks it means something is wrong with your system and you can forget about the adj. suspension.

also, if your car feels "slow" maybe you should have it dyno'd to make sure nothing is wrong with the engine before you start modding it. my old 86 Turbo ran fine but was missing about 40 HP when I dyno'd it. never figured it out before I sold it.
also, realize you did buy the heaviest Z31 made.

<http://www.z31.com> is your bible

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

I don't belive that somebody already mentioned this, but the radiator is mounted diagonally "inside" the front bumper. If you stick your head in the engine bay (obviousely with the car OFF), you can see it thru the fan blades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.