ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya, ive had a 300zx for about 3 years now which has been sittin gin my garage. Ive now decided to dump a **** load of cash into it, both the engine and body. Im very firmiliar with Subaru's and Honda's but im not to educated with these Nissan's. I was wondering whats the best route to get the most, but safe horsepower out of a nissan 300zx (1990 Non-turbo)... get it to be about 400hp or so... i Have about... $13,000 to spend. PLease let me kno anything i need to get started. Thank you

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
If you do not have any sentimental attachment, sell the car and find a really nice TT. With 13K plus the proceeds with the selling of your N/A you should get a really nice TT. Just be patient...they are out there. Best place to look will be tt.net

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Yeah. If you've got 13K plus the car... you're well into nice TT land. Play your cards right and you can find a really nice one and have the cash left to get it to stage III+.

$13,000 + 3-6,000 (for your NA) = Bad Ass TT

(Remember to save some of that cash for unforseen maint.)

Post Edited (Jan 22, 3:56pm)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
go TT. either buy one or swap one. your budget is about 2x what you would need for either without performance upgrades.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have a 91TT pearl white. central california. its stage 3+ already the performance parts have only been installed for abotu 3 months now. 108k miles on the clock sell it to you for 11k.

Post Edited (Jan 22, 5:01pm)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It all depends if you want to do the rebuild or do the build yourself. You are going to spend the same amount if your buy the car or build the engine. If you have not done any work to the N/A, your best bet will be buy a TT from TT.net. Most memebers there have already upgraded their cars so you don't have too. But if you are dead set on keeping your N/A to do the swap here are your options.

Also you will need to read this if your are doing the swap.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/PDFs/NATTconversion.pdf

To buy a used motor (if you want to do the rebuild)

http://www.noyanusa.com/
http://www.nyxmotorsports.com/store/index.php

if you want to buy and engine that has already been rebuilt..

http://www.importpartspro.com/index.html

BTW..If you are going to do the swap...you might as well build it to go about 500hp..(JWT530BB turbos, dual intake, GD down pipes, ICONEL manifold, Nismo 550cc injectors, Cat-back, upgraded ECU - ash-spec).

Where are you located?

Post Edited (Jan 22, 4:51pm)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope no Yahoo IM. I think im jus gonna do a swap, lokos like you can get almost everything you need for a swap under 2000$. I mean with installation im lookin at something but the rest i can put into upgrading turbo's, exhaust, and appearance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With the engine/tranny swap + exhaust and Turbo Upgrade im lookin to spend around 8-10K$... the reamaining $3-5k i plan on putting in the exterior, i already have Volk Rims. My dad said he would paint the whole car over for me, its already red and i wana keep it that but maybe make it look much more original. There is no interior/exterior problems besides that which is a plus.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Seriously man, sell the n/a and just get a tt. You are obviously looking for power and the n/a will not get you what you can get for that kind of money. Even doing a swap I don't recommend unless you are really set on keeping that car.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Word of warning...if you are going to buy a used enigne...prepare to do a rebuild. It won't be cheap...Seriously read the NA -> TT document. It well help you alot. You will need to buy a TT donor car or a front clip. You will need alot more than just the engine. The doc tells you what you are going to need. Alot of have been saying...if you don't have any sentimental value to your NA, I HIGHLY recommend selling it and buying a TT.

I am keeping my car and swapping it since I have owned the car since day one and have way too many mods in it. Plus I have alot of fond memories of the car when I was dating my wife...she was such a freak (LOL).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.