ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, have a 77 with original suspension. I am having some uneven tire wear in the rear and steering vibrations while driving. Figure it’s time to replace or upgrade some of the suspension. Not looking for racing grade, just something from stock to a driving upgrade. Would like to have a kit verses piecing it all out. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Have you already replaced all your suspension bushings? Start there if you haven't.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Have you already replaced all your suspension bushings? Start there if you haven't.

I second that ^^^^^^
you will be amazed at how much better your car will feel on the road after replacing the old worn out bushings. and don't forget your ball joints, if you find they are in bad shape.

Bon

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PO did most of the front but looks like the rear was not touched. The front and rear shocks/springs look original. Thinking replace these and replace all the bushings??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, I replaced the front bearings about 4 months ago and they seem loose already. This make sense? Also, I have some really odd wear on the rear tires, there is excess wear on the outside edge of the rears like a toe problem except the wear is not the same all the way around. About half is worn and the other half is not. Both side. Tire shop could not explain why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts