ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the shop today and took some pics of the car with the new tokico springs and illumina struts on. Here is wut it looks like and it looks messed up!

See how the rear is higher then the front? What in the world would that be from? They are sure they put the front springs in the front and the rear springs in the rear.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
eeeK!

Maybe park it on some level ground?

there is no possible way to mix up the front and the rear springs, they simply will not fit.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh, I've talked to Tokico about this and they asked me to ask the shop if they put the front springs in the front and the rear springs in the rear but they said yes, there is no way to put the rear springs in the front and so on.

I know it's not on level ground but when they let the car down from the lift, they noticed it, and that was on level ground.

Post Edited (Jul 29, 12:05pm)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
eventhoguh the kit says 1" drop all the way around, the rear end will still be higher than the front, thats exactly what my car looks like, except not that f*cked up :) mine looks even and nice.
thats why I'm looking into lowering the backend another 1"

check out the way my car sits with the tokico kit
<http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6908681&uid=1353268>

they did something in the back for sure, I don't think there is a way to put the front springs in the back or the other way around, that would be BAD specially when a shop installed them for you, but what they might have screwed up is the rubber piece that the rear springs sit on, maybe they forgot to ut one side on, the rear springs have to sit JUST right back there.

Post Edited (Jul 29, 12:21pm)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
one more thing, the ground in that picture JUST doesn't look even man, take it somewhere FLAT before you acuse then of screwing up your car.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the ground doesn't look even. I was in a rush so I couldn't move the car. I haven't accused them of screwing up my car. I'd just like to know why it sits like that? I'll get some pics of it sometime on even ground..

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
*tilts head* yah but look at the gap between the rear wheel and the body that is way to much.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, you should see it in person. When I saw. My first comment to myself was "WTF is that!?" It kinda reminds me of a muscle car, like when your behind one, and you notice the rear raised up. It also looks like they put a different (HEAVY ASS) motor in!

Post Edited (Jul 29, 3:03pm)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
send those pix to tokico.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeh, I've been talking to a guy over at Tokico. I emailed shox.com (Place I bought the kit from) and they gave me Tokico's number, so I called them and they asked me some questions and ****. I called the guy today to get his email address but he was out of the office untill next week. So I'll try to get some pix of it on level ground this weekend, that is if the shop is open on the weekend, I've been told they are but I'm not sure. After I get some pix of it on level ground, I'll email them to the guy I've been talking to over at Tokico.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
drive the car around a bit first. new springs may take some time to settle in and the ride height to get adjusted.

And for god's sake, park it on level ground before freaking out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wasn't freaking out, if I was, you would know it. The shop on the other hand, they were more concerned because they installed it. They told me, after they let it off the lift, they noticed something was wrong with the way it looked, they said the rear was raised 2 inches higher and the front was alot lower then then the rear. I could understand why they would freak out a little because they installed it. The way they told me about it on the phone, made it sound alot worst then it is.

Also, It might be kinda hard to get it on level ground and take a pic. I'll look around for a nice flat spot to take a pic though.

When I go to check it out again. I'll take it on a drive and see how it drives and ****.

Post Edited (Jul 29, 4:50pm)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Same thing happened to my friends 88s Shiro. One reason why I didnt go with Tokico.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How did your friend get the problem fixed?

·
Registered
32 Posts
they may have given you the springs designed for the 2+2. they would be stiffer in the back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.