ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I drive my car, I hear this noise like a tic toc that reminds me of a bad CV joint except it's not that constant crackling noise that a CV joint has.

This only happens when going forward and seems to go away, at higher speeds. Anyone had this before?

·
Registered
782 Posts
That would be your brakes when you change your brakes tighten the bolts really hard.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What bolts are you refering too? Also, this is a nearly recent phenomenon.

I haven't changed the brakes in the front for a year and the rotors are just as old; they are solid. Are you refering to the lugs or maybe the bolts of the calipers? Please specify. Thanks again.

·
Registered
248 Posts
what? brakes? that is a horrible answer...could you be more specific, where is the sound coming from, front back etc..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Could be the control arm-since the sound goes away at speed. Do you hear the sound when you are turning the steering wheel?

·
Registered
559 Posts
ya is this around corners it clicks and when driving at a constant speed(outer)...or is it more of a plopping clunking sound when accelerating and slowing(inner)...either one of those and truly my best guess is an inner or outer constant velocity joint

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to verify if it clicks on corners or not, but I don't think it does. It does sound like it's coming from the front.

It's a slower click when the car is rolling to a stop and a faster click as the car accelerates. I don't really hear it at higher speeds but then again it could be my stereo is drowning it out too. I will check for the sound at higher speeds a little more carefully and notice if it stays on cornering and get back to you guys.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not sure if this will help but I heard clunks and clicks when turning corners and it went away after I took some power steering fluid out. Not sure if they are connected but it seemed to work for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.