ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
that first one is awsome. I wish that was in the calender!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
eww, mitsubishi.

hey hybrid, was it difficult to put those louvers on your hood like that? I think that looks really sharp on your car. I want to customize mine in someway but i'm afraid of ruining it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vents were a Difficult , Scary job. I had ruined my Stock hood by not latching it correctly, and it blew open at about 65 MPH. I bought a $500 Nissan hood. I drove the car without painting the hood for about 1 year. That was during the end of the SDS installation. I used a die grinder and a wheel. Laid out the vents, cut a template of the vent shape and cut. Make sure you cut it right, and straight. You got One time. I just had a vision of how I wanted this car to look. And happen to find all the Right componants over time. Somebody said that I must be Pateint as a Saint....yep. It is finally paying off.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
"Don't knock Mitsu >: ( I happen to be a Mitsu supporter!"

The only car of theirs i ever liked was the 3000GT, and like most of their cars of that time, they didn't even design most of it. All mopar/chrystler engine, chassis and drivetrain.

"The vents were a Difficult , Scary job. I had ruined my Stock hood by not latching it correctly, and it blew open at about 65 MPH. I bought a $500 Nissan hood. I drove the car without painting the hood for about 1 year. That was during the end of the SDS installation. I used a die grinder and a wheel. Laid out the vents, cut a template of the vent shape and cut. Make sure you cut it right, and straight. You got One time. I just had a vision of how I wanted this car to look. And happen to find all the Right componants over time. Somebody said that I must be Pateint as a Saint....yep. It is finally paying off."

I was really thinking about cutting my hood where the bump in the middle is and flattening down the front half of the bump, and making a scoop out of the raised back half. can anybody picture what I'm talking about? I think it will be very hard to do...

·
Registered
80 Posts
phxz31

i think i know what your talking about, sorta like the 2000 mustang hoods but only a working scoop. not quite sure what that would look like on a z but i bet it would lookgood if u did it in a profesional way.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
"i think i know what your talking about, sorta like the 2000 mustang hoods but only a working scoop. not quite sure what that would look like on a z but i bet it would lookgood if u did it in a profesional way."

exactly. except without all the other hood lines that they put on the mustang i hope it won't look quite as tacky.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Seriously nice pics!

You must be really pleased with them!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I found my new computer wallpaper!! GREAT JOB!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.