ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can purchase new connector plugs that plug into my inectors and cold start valve? Mine have blue corrosion. Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: New Plug Connectors for Injectors</b>

I called pep boys they are about 6 bucks each. If they are not broken get some lectromotive electrical parts cleaner. Its in a red can with a white front, this stuff is great for getting rid of corrosion and dirt in connectors. I sprayed all of mine and got all of the corosion out.

Good luck
Craig76Z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Craig:

I sprayed mine down with electrical contact cleaner, but didn't notice any difference. I'm wondering if you used any type of tool to stick into the plug (femaie) where the corrosion exists. I sprayed mine donw, installed and removed several times and just put them back on. I notice some fluid still in the plug. Maybe this electrochemical reaction when the engine is running will clean the corrosion? Anyway, I will look for the fluid you suggested, but I hope that it works on contact, because my electrical clean did not. Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: New Plug Connectors for Injectors</b>

If your car is old enough to have corrosion at the connectors then it is time to replace the injectors and the pigtails at the same time. My 75 has nearly 100k on it and I only had minimal corrosion on mine.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
get a fiberglass eraser at an office supply store plus a good liquid contact cleaner from an electronic supply house (not Radio Shack) and be careful - the fiberglass is nasty to work with - and get to work on all connectors including the sensors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.