ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my recently purchased 77 280Z towed to my home for $500. I told myself I wasnt looking for a project car, and hopefully this wont be much of one. Its not running because the battery was drained and hasnt been really driven since it failed to pass smog in 96 and only started once in awhile since, from what the owner says. The body is in decent condition for northern california standards, only noticed a couple of spots of small rust spots forming. However it direly needs a paint job and interior needs cleaning and sprucing up, which I'll do eventually but no hurry.

I look forward to going through my project with your all's help, seems like this is the most active forum for 1st gens. I noticed theres another "Tyson", so please dont mistake me. I live out there in the SF east bay and currently race my Honda with SCCA, which is why I want another car cuz I dont always like riding my motorcycle, and a 280Z would be a nice platform to learn how to drive and experience RWD.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Only a couple of gotcha's on a 77, is it early or a late 77? Ive got an early one myself (slopped rear deck not flat). And my second one (76) shoud be here by Thursday. Cost me 400 for shipping from Az to SA, Tx. Plus I'll give the guy a 100 buck for a tip so it will come to 500 for shipping when it is all over. Nissan quit making replacement parts years ago. So if I where you I would try to locate the big items asap if you want new stuff, or shop ebay for used parts, you also have people selling old parts here on this site also. Get catalogs from both MSA and Vistoria British if for nothing else to find out if you can use parts from another year. Most of us here know Tyson so I don't think we will get mixed up with you here...

zcarparts.com

victoriabritish.com

Z U V8ter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.