Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Will be a proud new owner of a 1976 280z in few days. Being delivered from CA to TX.

I searched and I didn't find what I was looking for. Hopefully you guys can help out with few questions.

1) I'm interested in getting a 15" wheels. What's a good size for font and rear? What about the tire size? Or can I go 16"?

2) Good to best shocks and lowering springs? I like to lower it about an inch.

3) Good to best full exhaust system including headers?

4) Any Dallas, Texas locals in here? If so, can you guys referee me to some good shops in the Dallas area that works on 280z's.

Thank you

Michael

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Texas has great club full of good people...met them at the Syracuse Z Car Nats. a couple of years back. They served free Texas chili and free booze from their block of rooms at the hotel! You'll get your assistance promptly ranging between idiot to expert...you decide. Have fun and keep checking your post!
Nick

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
where are you located in texas?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
lewisville here. tons of Z experience and lots of Z's in the stable...lol

if you ever get this way , stop in

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
heres a pic of some of them. i also just purchased a prime condition 1980 10th anniversary ZX with 8oK. it gets here at the end of the month
[attachment 14871 ZCars014.jpg]
[attachment 14872 ZCars018.jpg]
[attachment 14873 ZCars019.jpg]
[attachment 14874 ZCars022.jpg]

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Coyote is having WAY too much fun!
Nick

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm in downtown dallas. There are two Z repair shops in the metroplex. Both unfortunately on the fort worth side.
All Z Car and Rising Sun Performance. Google them for there web sites. Have not used them, but plan on dropping my Z off at Rising Sun shortly.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
ive been a Z factory mechanic for 35 years and owned my own Z resto shop for the past 5 years.i just relocated to texas . so, i always build and work on Z myself.
these days its no longer a living, more of a hobby

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
coyote Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ive been a Z factory mechanic for 35 years and
> owned my own Z resto shop for the past 5 years.i
> just relocated to texas . so, i always build and
> work on Z myself.
> these days its no longer a living, more of a hobby

Would you be interested in doing some side jobs?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
1) I'm interested in getting a 15" wheels. What's a good size for font and rear? What about the tire size? Or can I go 16"?

You "can go" 16-inch wheel. Check out a 15x7 or 16x7 inch wheel with 0-offset from blackdragonauto or MSA. Lots of options out there...even have custom wheels made by diamondracingwheels. I have 15x7 Konig Rewinds wrapped in 225/50/15 Falkens. I origianlly bought the tire/wheel combo from MSA and was really happy).

2) Good to best shocks and lowering springs? I like to lower it about an inch.

You can get the Tociko blue strust and lowering springs cost effectively in a pacckage. They will give you about a 1-inch drop front and rear. If you want to go coil-over, check out betamotorsports, groundcontrol or technotoytuning.

3) Good to best full exhaust system including headers?

Go for the header (MSA sells them coated) to a 2-inch pipe through a glasspack (get it cost effectively from summitracing) and it will sound and look great. There has been serious debate on header vs stock manifold flow. Personally, I like the way the header looks (even though it keeps melting my pcv hose shut...arrrrrg).

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
You can also put on 17"...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
mchong.....yep, i still enjoy working on Z's

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coyote, you willing to do some side work on a 1983 280ZX? I live in The Colony and want to have someone go over my Z with a fine tooth comb and get it running like it should.

Thanks...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.