ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I need some quick advise, my muffler is broken and i have been looking for a replacement. Ive been looking into ebay for some of the aftermarket mufflers but im not sure if they're good quality or not. If any one could point me in the right direction for some great mufflers i would greatly appreciate it. thx.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx ill be at work until about 9 so i start some research on that brand then. thx for the advise and please keep the brands comin so i can compare and contrast you know. lol thx again.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I've heard good things about magnaflow, and you can always go Borla if you've got cash burning in your pocket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
magna flows seem to get best reviews - many choices not cheap from what I have found ,but right in there with other "big names" , I am getting a magna flow for mine , the shop will charge 25.00 to install it but I am wondering if I should have them put a new pipe from the cat back any thoughts??

·
Registered
880 Posts
if you can get a cat-back.. if you dont care and just want to replace the muffler with something that sounds good.. i have a 3" apexi cat back.. i love the sound and wouldnt trade it for any thing. its very mellow, people always tell me they cant believe how quit it is for an import.. although you can def. hear it when she comes alive. you can just buy the apexi muffler if you wish.. good luck and let us know what you get and what she sounds like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice thx again. So far im into the magnaflow. Also i came very close to buying an apexi but im looking for dual tip and i couldnt find any apexi dual tips that i wanted. Also if im right my cousin might just have an hks, but i would have to recheck on that.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a magnaflow muffer on my car :) sound is AWSOME! it's a very deep roar kind of a sound but the best thing about it is that when I get to higher RPM's it's still a lower more throaty type of sound, not the high pitched Zing like on all the CRX's i'v seen driving around

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah by the looks of it I might end up with a magnaflow muffler. Just might put more of a dent in my wallet than i wanted but oh well. Thx for the help everyone ill let you guys know when i get it and how it sounds.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ran Magnaflow's on my 280's and liked the sound. My current set-up uses an 18" glasspack in place of the converter, a 12" in the rear and an Ansa resonated dual Tip.

Sounds really good, especially on revving up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.