ZCar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New member. 1st post. Just bought a 86 300zx T top. First Z car. So far so good. Good overall condition, high miles. Runs good. 5 spd stick. Did suspension tie rods and bushings replace. Was in really bad shape. All good now. Couple questions. 1st - On heater/ac panel, left end, small apparently light marked "gas". What is that please. 2nd question - Where can I source a hood liner ? Best regards.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So - I guess nobody knows what the little "gas" light means. No worry. I was able to find a hood liner. Just finished the last of the suspension fix. Lower front passenger side ball joint replace. Piece of cake. Ya'll have a nice day now ya hear.

· Super Moderator
8 / 71 240Z, HLS30-40031, L24-052899, Sunshine Yellow
328 Posts
On heater/ac panel, left end, small apparently light marked "gas". What is that please.
Just a guess…
Since it is on the heater/ac panel, It might be a warning when your freon is low pressure.
There is a pressure switch, usually on the dryer that shuts off the A/C when the pressure is too low.
They could use that to turn on a light, to tell you why the A/C doesn’t work.
That would be convenient.

· Registered
2,827 Posts
Hello all. New member. 1st post. Just bought a 86 300zx T top. First Z car. So far so good. Good overall condition, high miles. Runs good. 5 spd stick. Did suspension tie rods and bushings replace. Was in really bad shape. All good now. Couple questions. 1st - On heater/ac panel, left end, small apparently light marked "gas". What is that please. 2nd question - Where can I source a hood liner ? Best regards.
Here's a link to the owner's manual: XenonZcar.com Z31 Owners Manuals 1986 USDM
Rectangle Font Parallel Engineering Paper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts